Pages

14 February, 2012

el Día de San Valentín

I've never been one to get all worked up about Valentine's day...I'm not one of those girls who just has to find a date; nor to I care to hate on it and whine about being single and alone.  It is what it is, I like it...y ya esta.

Valentine's Day is a fairly new "thing" here in Spain and mainly just for romantic couples.  Since however, Valentine's day in the US is for both young and old, I took the time to show my 2nd graders (& a few little kinder-beans) how to whip up some homemade v-day cards to give to a loved one.  

I fondly remember Valentine's day when I was little: picking out cute little cards for classmates (and picking the "best" ones for your crush/best friends); candy conversation hearts; making decorated boxes for all the cards you would receive...those were the days!  

Though things were a little different at my school in Spain,  here are a few things that made my day a little brighter...

(Valentine's day cards, given to me by a few students!)


(loveeee great friends who will be your Valentine when you don't have one! Thanks, Linds!)


(V-day dinner: tacos + coronas with Linds & Lauren)


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment